Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Week 9 Blog 8

I've been a Radio National podcast addict for about a year. I especially like listening to the Book Show which keeps me up to date with new publications plus it's great to hear authors talking about their work. I recently heard one with Geraldine Brooks talking about her new book which we currently have 30 reservations on ( me included). It feels nice to be able to talk about books with customers...only if there isn't a queue at the circ desk of course!

In terms of library usage the obvious answer for libraries would be to podcast their author talks.That way they don't need to get permission from everyone attending to be filmed. I've noticed that some American libraries are podcasting their story time sessions. Some of the ones I 've heard weren't that great in terms of sound quality. I think half the fun of story time is seeing the pictures and interacting with the story teller and the other children.

No comments: