Sunday, March 9, 2008

Week 6 Blog 5

I really like the idea of using You Tube or Google Video to showcase oral histories. I'm just wondering if most people would want to have their life stories up on the Internet! If I was an elderly person wanting to tell my story I would have no qualms about spilling the beans about my life to say a State Library or some kind of archive but I'm not sure about the Internet. Maybe it's just me being paranoid...

Mosman Library is certainly an inspiration.They are all over Flickr and they also have author talks posted on Google Video. Hopefully our library can be as good as Mosman!!

1 comment:

snowflake said...

I agree with your comment about sharing your life with the world via the internet. (I'm not keen either). Not sure if it's paranoia or just being smart !! hmmmm.

As for Mosman they have thrown down the gauntlet so hey give it a go and see where it takes your library. Good luck
Shauna